Sunday 6 February 2011

Jezebel - The Sting In The Tale



Genre - Hard Rock
Label - Unsigned

Track listing -
01 - All Night
02 - Psycho
03 - Running Free
04 - Sting In The Tail

Nottingham rockers, Jezebel, return with their latest Ep / demo entitled 'The Sting In The Tale', a four track release showcasing the bands diverse songwriting skills.
First up is 'All Night', a good rock, contemporary but some classic rock noddings in the direction of ACDC and even Chuck Berry, (well that’s what they say, I just call it great rock music!).
Next up is Psycho, another great song, which as the press release says does have some NWoBHM leanings, but again is just a good solid song to me.
Running Free is this Ep's penultimate song, and know it’s not a cover of the classic Iron Maiden track, it’s a 'rock ballad that ignores genre rules with a nice twist', but I have to be honest, I think this song is quite possibly the best song that the band have come up with to date!
Sting In The Tail closes out the Ep, an up-tempo yet chilled out track, which again showcases a different side to the bands songwriting.
The band still maintain that raw sound, which works well for them and the guitar is excellent., the songs are very, very strong, I really can’t wait to hear a full length album!
If I had to pick a fault for this self released and self financed Ep, I would say it would have to be the production, don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing particularly wrong with it, it’s clear and you can hear everything, it just comes across a little thin to me. I’d love to see what Jezebel could do with a top notch producer, because there is simply no denying this bands undoubted talent and songwriting ability.
Definitely a band to keep an eye on!

Highly reconmended

Website -
http://www.facebook.com/Jezebelrockuk
rating 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment